Dear SSSI members,
I have a few updates and reminders for you today.
1) Please find a call for papers for a special issue of Social Psychology Quarterly in the attachment to this email. The theme of the special issue is:
“Methodological Advances and Applications in Social Psychology.”
2) You have one more day (until April 1, 5 p.m.) to nominate colleagues for our various leaderships positions (president-elect, vice-president-elect, publications committee member) and for our SSSI awards (career, best student paper, mentoring, early-in-career). Please refer to the latest newsletter for details.
3) The submission deadline for abstracts for our annual meeting in August in Chicago is April 30, 2015. The call for abstracts can be found on our website.
4) Abstract submissions are also accepted for the European SSSI meeting in Salford, until April 10, 2015.
5) I have received a number of suggestions from members for naming the two SSSI awards that are unnamed at this point: Mentor Excellence Award, and Early-In-Career Award. I’d like to ask everyone who has already made a suggestion, and anyone who would like to make a new one, to send me a 1-2 paragraph description/justification which the Executive Committee will consider before making a decision.
6) Unfortunately, we have lost our host for the SSSI-listserv, meaning the listserv is currently inactive. I will keep you posted on whether and when it will reopen.
7) This is your last reminder to renew your 2015 SSSI membership. Going forward, we will only send email updates to active members.
Best wishes to everyone around the world,
President of the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction
Associate Professor and Graduate Director
Department of Sociology
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue CPR 107
office: (813) 974 2595
fax: (813) 974 6455