Working the Interactionist Tradition: Contributions, Legacies and Prospects
29 – 31 July 2015 University of Salford, Manchester
The University of Salford is proud to host the 6th European Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction conference (EU-SSSI), “Working the Interactionist Tradition: Contributions, Legacies and Prospects”, which will be held at our MediaCityUK Campus from 29 – 31 July 2015.
Building on previous successful EU-SSSI conferences, most recently at Aalborg (2014) and Uppsala (2013), the meeting will provide a truly interdisciplinary forum for those using ethnographic and qualitative approaches to understand the social and cultural realities of contemporary societies.
Our conference theme draws upon interactionism’s distinguished record and continuing vigour as a way of investigating the diversity, richness and complexity of contemporary social life.
Who should attend?
- Academics looking to engage in a lively, stimulating debate with peers and students.
- Researchers looking to connect with like-minded colleagues.
- Teachers looking for new ideas and inspiration.
- Students looking and learn from experts and Postgraduates looking to present and get ideas on their research.
- Anyone looking to engage with the wider sociological community.