From time to time we announce new or recent book publications here. Today it’s is Robert S. Perinbanayagam “Identity’s Moments” published with Lexington books in October 2012. The book examines how language contributes to the constitution of self and the presentation of identity. It draws on a thorough analysis of the work of Mead, Burke and Bakhtin in exploring how language is used as symbolic action in the constitution of the social world. A review of the Robert’s book in our journal Symbolic Interaction is in preparation.
- SSSI 2023 Annual Meetings in Philadelphia (August 15th to 17th)
- Deadline Extension for the submission of Abstracts: SSSI 2023 Annual Meetings in Philadelphia #sssi #emca #sociology
- EU Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction Conference 2023 Cardiff University (July 5th -7th 2023) #sssi #conference #eusssi #sociology
- SSSI 2023 – Helena Lopata Excellence in Mentoring Award – Call for nominations (deadline: April 15th, 2023)
- SSSI 2023 – Kathy Charmaz Award – Call for Nominations #sssi #emca #sociology #awards
- My Tweets