From time to time we announce new or recent book publications here. Today it’s is Robert S. Perinbanayagam “Identity’s Moments” published with Lexington books in October 2012. The book examines how language contributes to the constitution of self and the presentation of identity. It draws on a thorough analysis of the work of Mead, Burke and Bakhtin in exploring how language is used as symbolic action in the constitution of the social world. A review of the Robert’s book in our journal Symbolic Interaction is in preparation.
- “International Summer School on Grounded Theory & Qualitative Methods” 5 – 9 June, Pisa Italy #sssi #sociology
- European SSSI Conference 2017 in Lodz/Poland #sssi #sociology #conference
- CfP SSSI 2017 Annual Meetings in Montreal, Canda #sociology #sssi
- A Quick look back to the History of SSSI #sssi #sociology #history
- Call for Papers SSSI Notes #sssi #sociology
- My Tweets