From time to time we announce new or recent book publications here. Today it’s is Robert S. Perinbanayagam “Identity’s Moments” published with Lexington books in October 2012. The book examines how language contributes to the constitution of self and the presentation of identity. It draws on a thorough analysis of the work of Mead, Burke and Bakhtin in exploring how language is used as symbolic action in the constitution of the social world. A review of the Robert’s book in our journal Symbolic Interaction is in preparation.
- CfP Qualitatives/Couch-Stone Symposium 2023 (June 14 – 16), University of British Columbia-Okanagan Kelowna, BC
- Calls SSSI for Award Nominations
- EU SSSI CONFERENCE 2023 – July 5th – 7th, Cardiff University – Symbolic Interactionism for Social Justice: Dialogue and Directions for Social Change #sssi #conference #sociology
- Save the Date: 5th to 7th July, 2023 – “Symbolic Interaction and Social Justice” – EU SSSI Conference in Cardiff #sssi #sociology #interactionism
- Message from the SSSI President (20 July 2022)
- My Tweets