From time to time we announce new or recent book publications here. Today it’s is Robert S. Perinbanayagam “Identity’s Moments” published with Lexington books in October 2012. The book examines how language contributes to the constitution of self and the presentation of identity. It draws on a thorough analysis of the work of Mead, Burke and Bakhtin in exploring how language is used as symbolic action in the constitution of the social world. A review of the Robert’s book in our journal Symbolic Interaction is in preparation.
- SSSI Notes Vol.47 No.1 is out! #sssi #sociology
- Symbolic Interaction – New Issue Out! #sssi #sociology
- Newsletter #SSSI Notes Vol46(3) has just been published #sociology
- New Book Review on Early View: Neil Jenkings on Juergen Streeks’ ‘Self-Making Man’ #sssi #emca #sociology
- SSSI / Couch-Stone Conference in Lancaster (4-6 July 2018) #sssi #sociology
- My Tweets